HMS is a regional Point of Sale Dealer serving thousands of F&B sites in the Midwest and across the country. We are adding to our Nebraska Toast Sales team. Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. Toast is growing fast and have a customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs across the country. At HMS we move fast and have a lot of opportunity for career growth, so if you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us!
HMS is looking for a Territory Sales Representative who wants to be part of a team that is transforming the way restaurants operate. You will be expected to find, build relationships with, and sign up new customers. We are looking for candidates that like mobile technology, have experience in the restaurant industry, and are excited to start their career in sales!
If you are an experienced restaurant manager and want your weekends and holidays back, this may be for you!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build a pipeline of prospects and manage the sales process from initiate to close
- Generate list of prospective restaurants through research, cold-calling, internet and professional network
- Meet and exceed sales revenue and booking goals and overall objectives
- Educate prospects and clients about our products and services through presentations and product demonstrations
- Cleary articulate the value proposition and return on investment
- Build a large user list as a reference in the assigned geographic territory
- Collaborate and work as a team with Territory Reps, Sales Managers and C level staff
- Cultivate relationships with business partner counterparts who sell and support complementary applications and services to point of sale systems serving the restaurant industry in your territory
- Plan, direct and coordinate sales support activities, including management of the sales pipeline through sales tools (ACT and Salesforce)
- Ensure all targeted prospect/client contacts and engagement opportunities are recorded in the sales tools (Salesforce)
- Involved in all phases of the sales lifecycle including: identifying and developing leads; meeting with clients; developing value propositions; financial deal structuring; to contract negotiation and closing
- Understand the competitive landscape (strengths, weaknesses, benefits) and determine how to position Toast to win
- Must collaborate with Implementation Teams to ensure that expectations set during the sales process are met in delivery
- Provide ongoing feedback from restaurant principles to Sales Operations and Product Marketing teams as well as aid in identifying new market opportunities
- Strong communication, organizational and presentation skills with ability to sell at all decision-making levels
- Ability to manage complex sales and develop strategic plans
- Proven negotiation skills
- Experience canvassing and cold-calling into various types of local businesses, with evidence of success
- Knowledge of restaurant operations
- Understanding of managing prospects through a CRM application
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Self motivated, creative, flexible
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Works under supervision of the District Sales Manager who will assist in establishing work requirements and procedures
- A strong spirit and energy to provide the best support in the restaurant industry
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Self motivated and the ability to perform well under pressure
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
The following statements describe the principal activities of this position identified and shall not be construed as a detailed exposition of all the duties that may be inherent in this position.
Carroll Business Systems / Hospitality Management Systems provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status, or other legally protected classification in the state in which a person is seeking employment. Applicants encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Drug-free work environment. Must be eligible to work in this country.